Wedding dress preservation is a special cleaning and packaging process that is done to ensure the garment will retain its quality for years to come. It is not as simple as dry cleaning the gown, putting it inside a box, and handing it back to the bride.
Our professional wedding dress preservation service will typically include the following steps:
- Inspection: The dress will be inspected for any visible stains or those marked as hidden stains.
- Cleaning: The dress will be cleaned using specialized methods to remove any dirt, sweat, or other substances without damaging the fabric or embellishments.
- Packaging: The dress will be wrapped in acid-free tissue paper and placed in a specially designed preservation box.
- Storage: The dress should be stored in a cool, dark place to prevent fading and yellowing.
Wedding dress preservation is especially important for gowns made from delicate fabrics, such as silk, chiffon, and lace. These fabrics can be easily damaged by improper cleaning and storage.
Here are some of the benefits of wedding dress preservation:
- It can help to prevent your dress from yellowing, fading, and staining over time.
- It can protect your dress from damage from dust, moths, and other pests.
- It can make it easier to clean and maintain your dress in the future.
- It can preserve your dress for future generations to enjoy.
If you are planning to have your wedding dress preserved, it is important to choose a reputable service. Volle's works with a partner that guarantees the preservation for 100 years.
No, Wedding Gown Preservation Company will handle all the cleaning of your gown to ensure a proper preservation.
We have several different processes that are used for cleaning. Each gown is evaluated upon its arrival and the best cleaning process for that particular gown is used. All of our processes are safe, gentle and environmentally safe. Your gown is then fitted on an acid-free bust form and packed in our acid-neutral preservation chest. Please note shoulder pads and bust pads must be removed as they could cause damage to the gown over time. They will be wrapped in tissue paper and packed underneath your gown.
We are able to remove approximately 95% of all stains – including tar, blood, perspiration, grass, mud, grease, and food, being the most common, as well as any sugar stains from cake icing, wine and other beverages.
You will be able to view your gown and veil. Any other items will be positioned at the bottom of the window, where possible, or packed underneath your dress.
Your guarantee will not be voided. However, you should take care to reseal the chest with the resealing materials provided. We have also enclosed gloves with which to handle the gown. If your gown is handled excessively it should be cleaned and preserved again.